So, welcome to my blog.
This is the first post and I feel all this pressure to write something profound, but I can't think of anything; probably because I haven't been getting much sleep since at night I've started sewing my drapes into clothing for 7 local children while singing "My Favorite Things."
I don't really know what to say, I have spent a lot of time getting settled and purchasing all the items that I forgot to take with me (and I was so cocky about my "great" packing job, too). Fortunately, Linz has a population of about 189,000 and plenty of shops, so it hasn't been too difficult, just expensive.
Yesterday the hotel we're staying at hosted a reception for us, it was up on the roof and had chicken, carrots, chips and drinks, so that was fun. It was a beautiful afternoon and the entire city is surrounded by green hills, so we had a great view. Then today we went to a reception hosted for us by the Johannes Kepler University (the host University for this trip) and we had some great sausage, pretzels, and other items followed by more beer, cider, and wine. The best part was that on campus there was a student who was attempting to get in the Guiness Book of World Records for singing karaoke. He is going to try to sing for 30 hours straight, pausing only 5 minutes every hour. So far, I've heard him sing a couple of German songs and "Sweet Home Alabama." I tried requesting Ina Goda Davida, the long version, but I don't think it translated well.
Well, I think that's enough for now. The classes are going fine, they're done with early enough in the morning so I have the afternoon available to do anything but the required reading.
Auf Wiedersehen!
2 comments:
Hey Jess - I can't believe you stole my Ina Goda Davida joke. That's my girl. We are all excited to hear about Sauerbraten Night at Johann's.
How was Budapest? What songs did you guys sing on the bus. I would be jealous of your little excursion but I noticed that there is an exam at the end. That's hardly fair. So how are the classes? Are they trying to cram a semester's worth of material into 4 weeks?
Mom says that Chloe might be interested in the sauerbraten if you scrape the cabbage off. Don't ask how she knows what Chloe's interests are. You know how she reads the dogs mind.
Still awaiting the camera cable? We are anxious to see photos. Take care.
Post a Comment